Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
ID: 140 Middle Pickup Switch M1
Our Middle Pickup Switch M1 is a "customer installed" product. Although it can be used to control any single-coil pickup, it can only be used with our HSH Stratocaster product.
The M1-Switch is completely wired and is designed to control the middle single-coil pickup by turning it Off or On (either in normal phase or reverse phase). It can be used in any instrument to provide switch control of a single-coil pickup. It is best used in combination with our T4-Switch product on your instrument with HSH pickup configuration (your instrument must have two 4-wire humbucker pickups) to give you more pickup tones.
Combining our Middle Pickup Switch M1, our T4-Switch and the below Volume-Tone control type on your instrument with HSH pickup configuration, you can get more pickup tones.
- Used with VT-2 Volume-Tone control (ID: 151) to get 212 pickup tones.
- Used with VT-3 Volume-Tone control (ID: 153) to get 272 pickup tones.
- Used with VT-4 Volume-Tone control (ID: 157) to get 276 pickup tones.
Here Is What Is Included
One (ID: 140a) Middle Pickup Switch M1 wired and tested with tagged wires, includes the following items.
- 1 High quality On-Off-On mini toggle switch mounted on our new M1-PCB for simplified wiring
- 1 Marine Grade Stainless Steel finishing washer
- 2 4" (101mm) long 22-gauge red and black wires (to connect to single-coil middle pickup)
- 2 4" (101mm) long 22-gauge red and black wires (to connect to the VOL and GND wires)
- 2 yellow/clear solderless crimp 2-wire connectors (UY2)
- 2 red/clear solderless crimp 3-wire connectors (UR2)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
(You can view the product installation and use instructions HERE.) (see Document # 4a)
Note: Installing this product at the location you desire may require body wood removal.
Body Cavity Hole Diameter: 1-1/4" (31.75mm) under the switch mounting hole
Mounted Depth Clearance: 5/8" (15.9mm)
Tools You Need To Assemble and Install This Product
To install this product, you may need one or more of the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Soldering iron (25 watt is recommended) with fine tip, rosin core solder
- Wire cutters / wire strippers, regular pliers
- Small needle nose pliers
- Electric drill, 9/32" (7.15mm) drill bit, 1/2" (12mm) drill bit, 1/4" (6.5mm) drill bit, 1/16" (1.59mm) drill bit, center punch
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
- 6" (15.24cm) adjustable crescent wrench
- Ohmmeter to measure continuity
To Purchase this Product
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."