Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
ID: 130 A Pickup Switch Upgrade KIT for Precision Bass
This Pickup Switch UpgradeTM KIT product (also known as T2P-Switch) gives you 4 Pure Analog pickup tones on any Precision Bass that contains two offset pickup coils. This is a do-it-yourself project that includes everything you need to install this upgrade into your right-hand or left-hand Precision Bass (or similar) instrument.
This product contains two mini switches. One of the switches let you put both pickup coils in normal phase or reverse phase. The second switch lets you select whether the two pickup coils will be in a parallel or series circuit. Putting pickup coils in a series circuit lets you create a humbucker heavy-metal pickup tone. Connecting your pickup and input wires to this product uses a no-soldering-needed approach.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
Instruments that can be upgraded with this product include (but is not limited to):
- '50s Precision Bass
- '70s Precision Bass
- Affinity Precision Bass
- American Special Precision Bass
- American Standard Precision Bass
- American Standard Precision Bass V
- American Vintage '57 Precision Bass
- American Vintage '62 Precision Bass
- Antigua Precision Bass
- Blacktop Precision Bass
- Classic Vibe Precision Bass '50s
- Classic Vibe Precision Bass '60s
- Matt Freeman Precision Bass
- Road Worn '50s Precision Bass
- Roger Waters Precision Bass
- Select Precision Bass
- Standard Precision Bass
- Steve Harris Precision Bass
- Vintage Modified Precision Bass
- Any similar instrument with the two offset PB pickup configuration
Special Note: Instrument with any of these items, our products do not include or use them:
- Greasebucket circuit
- Passing lane switch
- Personality cards
- Push-push mini switch
- S1 Switch
- TBX or mid boost circuit
- Any special controls beyond the standard 3-way or 5-way switch
Here Is What Is Included
- One (ID: 130a) Pickup Switch UpgradeTM do-it-yourself KIT
Minimum body cavity clearance dimensions for this product:
0.50" wide x 1.00" long x 1.15" deep (1.27cm x 2.54cm x 2.92cm)
- Two mini toggle switches
- One 6-position terminal strip
- 12" (30.5cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing pickup wires)
- 12" (30.5cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing pickup wires)
- 4 yellow/clear wire connectors (UY2) to extend pickup wires
- 1 grey wire nut (71B) to reconnect the bridge ground wire
- Styrofoam block 0.50” x 1.00” (1.27cm x 2.54cm)
- Headstock decal, paper drill hole template, 2 stainless switch finishing washers
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
(You can view the product assembly, installation and use instructions HERE.)
Tools You Need To Assemble / Install This Product
To install this product, you will need one or more of the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Soldering iron (25 watt is recommended) with fine tip, rosin core solder
- Wire cutters / wire strippers, regular pliers
- Small needle nose pliers
- Electric drill, 9/32" (7.15mm) drill bit, 1/2" (12mm) drill bit, 1/4" (6.5mm) drill bit, 1/16" (1.59mm) drill bit, center punch
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
- 6" (15.24cm) adjustable crescent wrench
- Ohmmeter to measure continuity
To Purchase this Product
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."