All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
ID: 090 A Jazz Bass Upgrade for 2-pickup coil instruments
This assembled and tested black acrylic Jazz Bass upgrade contains our high performance T2-Switch to give you 6 pickup tones on your instrument with two separate pickup coils.
This product is completely wired and contains our VT-1 stacked Volume-Tone Control Assembly (wired for right-hand use) with metal knobs, a .047 mfd capacitor and input jack. Following the downloaded Installation Instructions it will take you about fifteen minutes to remove your existing control plate, connect your pickup wires to the solderless terminal strip — and a HUGE, expanded 6 pickup tone dimension will instantly open up to you. This product includes everything you need to install this upgrade into your right-hand or left-hand instrument.
It gives you three mini switches. Two of the switches let you turn each pickup coil on and off (both in normal phase and reverse phase). The third switch lets you select whether the two pickup coils will be in a parallel or series circuit. Putting pickup coils in a series circuit to create compound/humbucker heavy-metal pickup tones.
NOTE: Some instruments made in china may require minor body cavity routing because the body cavity may not be deep or wide enough to permit this product to be mounted flush.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
Instruments that can be upgraded with this product include (but is not limited to):
- 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass
- '60s Jazz Bass - Classic Series
- '70s Jazz Bass - Classic Series
- Adam Clayton Jazz Bass
- Affinity Series Jazz Bass
- Affinity Series Jazz Bass V
- American Elite Jazz Bass(2)
- American Elite Jazz Bass V(2)
- American Professional Jazz Bass
- American Professional Jazz Bass Fretless
- American Professional Jazz Bass V
- American Special Jazz Bass
- American Standard Jazz Bass
- American Standard Jazz Bass Fretless
- American Standard Jazz Bass V
- American Vintage '62 Jazz Bass
- American Vintage '64 Jazz Bass
- American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass
- American Vintage '75 Jazz Bass
- Antigua Jazz Bass
- Blacktop Jazz Bass
- Classic Series '60s Jazz Bass
- Classic Vibe Jazz Bass
- Classic Vibe Jazz Bass '60s
- Flea Jazz Bass
- Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
- Jaco Pastorius Jazz Bass
- Jaco Pastorius Tribute Jazz Bass
- James Johnston Jazz Bass
- Limited Getty Lee 1972 Jazz Bass
- Modern Player Jaguar Bass
- Modern Player Jazz Bass
- Reggie Hamilton Standard Jazz Bass
- Road Worn '60s Jazz Bass
- Select Jazz Bass
- Standard Jaguar Bass
- Standard Jazz Bass
- Standard Jazz Bass Fretless
- Standard Jazz Bass V
- USA Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
- Vintage Hot Rod '70s Jazz Bass
- Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
- Vintage Modified Jazz Bass V
- Vintage Modified Jazz Bass Fretless
- Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '70s
- Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77
- Any JB or similar instrument with either one 4-wire humbucker pickup, or two single-coil pickups
(1) If your instrument contains any of the following items, our product does not include them; greasebucket circuit, passing lane switch, S1 Switch, push-push mini switch, TBX or mid boost circuit.
(2) Passive only, active components discarded, uses VT-2.
Using The Upgrade
Here is how you use the controls of our T2-Switch product.
Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup. Center position is Off, Down position in normal phase, Up position is reverse phase.
Switch SW5 controls whether the two pickups are in a parallel connection (down) or a series connection (up).
Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup. Center position is Off, Down position in normal phase, Up position is reverse phase.
With Switch SW5 in the Up position, both pickups must be On (either in normal phase or reverse phase) or you will not hear any output. This is because the two pickups will be in a series circuit.
In summary, the combinations of these switches will give you six pickup tones.
Here Is What Is Included
- One (ID: 090a) Jazz Bass Upgrade with our T2-Switch and VT-1 Volume-Tone Control Assembly
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- 5/64" (2mm) hex (allen) wrench for volume/tone knob set screws
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
One-Year Return Policy
Our AweSome return policy accepts all returns. We now offer an unprecedented One-Year Return Guarantee on all ALL our upgrade products. This means that You can use this incredible AweSome Upgrade for an entire 365 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund — no questions asked.
In addition, our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ switch products (T2-Switch, T3-Switch, T4-Switch) now come with a Lifetime Guarantee. If it ever fails, we will repair or replace it (see our website FAQ for details.) Return shipping and insurance paid by purchaser. User-assembled KIT versions of our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ products are not covered by our Lifetime Guarantee.
Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method less any shipping and handling charges.
To Purchase this Product
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."