All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
ID: 080 Peavey Raptor PLUS Upgrade for HSS pickup instruments
This White Peavey Raptor PLUS high-performance upgrade gives you up to 88 pickup tones. It will transform your anemic stock Peavey Raptor PLUS into a "Tone Tyrannosaurus" Dream Machine.
Different Product Versions Available
You can order this product with the following pre-installed options:
- T3-Switch and VT-2 controls (gives you 35 pickup tones from three separate pickup coils)
Note: Your humbucker pickup must either be a 2-wire pickup or a 4-wire humbucker wired as 2-wire version [SHOW Humbucker Wiring details].
- T4-Switch and VT-2 controls (gives you 68 pickup tones from four separate pickup coils). You must use a 4-wire humbucker pickup in the bridge position.
This product is completely wired and contains a single volume control and tone control (we use quality Bourns 500K audio taper right-hand mini potentiometers) with matching knobs, a .047 mfd capacitor and input jack. Following the downloaded Installation Instructions it will take you about thirty minutes to remove your existing pickguard, move the pickups to the upgrade product and connect the pickup wires to the solderless terminal strip and a HUGE, alternate tone dimension will instantly open up to you.
This drop-in product has everything you need to install into your Peavey Raptor PLUS guitar with HSS pickup configuration. Except for experimenting with different pickups, this will be the LAST upgrade you will ever need to make. After the upgrade, it will be your most favorite instrument of all time.
Here Is What Is Included
You can select one of the following options:
- One (ID: 080a) White Peavey Raptor PLUS Upgrade complete with our T3-Switch and VT-2 Volume/Tone control that is completely wired. You just connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack. This upgrade uses high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 35 pickup tones.
- One (ID: 080b) White Peavey Raptor PLUS Upgrade complete with complete with our T4-Switch and VT-2 Volume/Tone control that is completely wired. You just connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack. This upgrade uses high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 68 pickup tones.
(depending on your choice, some or all of the following items may be included)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
To Purchase this Product
Consider Adding The Following Related Customer-Installed Items
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."