All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
ID: 076 Red Special or BMG Special Upgrade gives you More Pickup Tones!
This Black upgrade for your Brian May Red Special or BMG Special or similar guitar. It gives you 35 pickup tones on your guitar with three separate single-coil pickups. This pickguard is completely wired and contains our patented T3-Switch and VT-2 Volume-Tone Control Assembly. Everything you need to install this upgrade into your instrument is included.
This EZ-install product has everything you need to upgrade your Brian May Red Special or BMG Special model guitar or similar instrument project and transform it into a Tone Tyrannosaurus. This will be the LAST upgrade you will ever need to make. After installing this upgrade, it will be your most favorite instrument of all time.
Want MORE From Your Brian May Red Special or BMG Special?
Now you can Soup Up your Brian May Red Special or BMG Special (or similar/project) electric guitar to get more pickup tone power and also increase your creativity and versatility. This is the only upgrade that TRIPLES the number of Pickup Tones you can get from your stock Brian May Red Special or BMG Special (or similar) guitar.
These upgrades let you use your pickups to get dozens of additional hidden pickup tones. You still have the same "stock" 13 pickup tones after the upgrade but now you will have 22 additional "hidden" pickup tones (a total of 35 pickup tones) at your fingertips. This patented upgrade is So Simple to Install! You just transfer your pickups and control knobs to this upgrade pickguard, connect the pickup wires to a green solderless terminal strip (no soldering needed) and a HUGE range of several dozen additional hidden pickup tones will instantly open up to you.
Now you can enjoy the Grand Canyon Wide range of 35 pickup tones you will get from your upgraded guitar. You will get Blues, Jazz, Metal, Surf, Country, Tin-canny pickup tones and dozens of pickup tones in between these pickup tone categories.
Designed and made in the U.S.A., These AweSome Upgrades Give Your Pickups Hammond B3 Drawbar Versatility.TM
You can Upgrade your Brian May Red Special or BMG Special Guitar and instantly get more pickup tones using your pickups and knobs.
Get MORE Versatility!
This Brian May Red Special or BMG Special guitar upgrade is the ultimate in versatility because it lets you squeeze all the additional "hidden" pickup tones out of your upgraded guitar.
Among other things, our upgrade gives you the ability to put select pickups in Parallel configuration (in either normal-phase or reverse-phase.)
Like your stock Brian May guitar, you can still put any two pickups On (in series, and either normal-phase or reverse-phase.) However, you can now turn On the third pickup in Parallel (either normal-phase or reverse-phase) and is something that your stock guitar could not do.
These upgrades are versatile because they let you do all of the following things:
(things you cannot do on your stock Brian May Red Special or BMG Special)
- Turn both the Bridge and Neck pickups On in normal-phase and in Parallel to sound like a "standard" Telecaster. And unlike a standard Telecaster, you can even put these two (or any two) pickups On together in reverse-phase to produce several variants of incredible glass-shattering country twang pickup tones something you cannot do on your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special.
- You can turn each of the three pickups On (either separately or in any combination) at the same time in Parallel and normal-phase to make it sound like a "standard" Stratocaster you cannot do this on your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special.
- You can even turn each of the three pickups On in Parallel and in either normal-phase or reverse-phase something you cannot do on a standard Stratocaster nor can you do this on your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special.
- Even better, this upgrade lets you put all three pickups On together in Parallel and in either normal-phase or reverse-phase to produce pickup tones that even a standard Stratocaster cannot produce. Can your your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special do these things?
- Put any/all pickups On in Parallel, either normal-phase or reverse-phase you can't do this on your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special.
- Put any/all pickups in either Parallel or Series impossible for you to do on your "stock" BMG Special guitar.
- You can turn any two pickups in Series, and the remaining pickup in parallel (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) something else you cannot do on your "stock" Brian May Red Special or BMG Special.
- Best of all, you will still have your original pickup tones, but after the upgrade you will have a total of 35 unique pickup tones.
Because our VT-2 Volume-Tone control uses quality Bourns 500K pots, you can enjoy a much clearer and more intense "ring in a bell" brilliance. Folks who prefer 250K controls can simply dial back our VT-2 controls to achieve the desired muting. This gives you the best of both options.
Now you can totally control your pickups with this EZ-Install AweSome upgrade. Turn each pickup ON in either normal-phase or reverse-phase. Put them in parallel-connection or series-connection with the other pickups. Get 35 pickup tones from your upgraded Brian May Red Special or BMG Special instead of the thirteen pickup tones that you currently have. This upgrade is your ultimate "secret weapon."
Used In The Studio, this upgrade gives you an incredible spectrum of pickup tones that are impossible to produce with your "stock" standard Brian May Red Special or BMG Special Guitar.
Used On Stage, these upgrades gives you incredible Signature Sounds that nobody else can easily duplicate.
Nothing on earth can give you MORE Pure Analog Pickup Tone Power than these unique standard Brian May Red Special or BMG Special Guitar upgrades.
- It just dropped in with no soldering and almost no rewiring needed. The performance of my Red Special guitar after the upgrade is incredible. I don't have to swap guitars to get the sound I want. This single upgraded guitar now has all the sounds I need. Haven't needed to touch my Les Paul or Strat for over a month.
- After installing this upgrade in my BMG Special, I stayed up all night playing it.
- It's almost absurd how many unique tones you get from this upgrade and a set of single-coil pickups.
- Some of the switches change the sound of the guitar so much its like a completely different guitar. A top quality unit.
- My upgraded guitar is now the best sounding guitar I've ever owned. It has so much more to offer; country, metal, blues it's incredible. Every pickup tone is useful. I'm getting more session work because of these ultra-twangy tones.
- WOW! This upgrade is awesome! I had no idea so many different tones were hidden inside my Red Special.
- One of my guitar buddies came over. He started playing the upgraded BMG Special and for about an hour I couldn't communicate with him because he kept going through all the pickup switch tone combinations.
- Ever since the upgrade, my playing style has exploded one hundred fold! I've been looking for this for years.
- It's like having a dozen guitars all rolled into one.
- This lets you Get Amazing Tones Without Changing Your Pickups. For all smart players who insist on quality sound.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
You can upgrade your Brian May Red Special (either Standard or Super model) or BMG Special, and almost any Burns BM Signature, pre-2010 Mk-1, Mk-2 (and similar clone) guitar model.
Here Is What You Get
You get a completely wired 1-ply upgrade. It includes:
- One (ID: 076a) a Black upgrade for Brian May Red Special or BMG Special (or similar instrument) that comes with our patented T3-Switch, 500K quality Bourns controls without control knobs and ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 35 pickup tones. You use your pickups, installing them and connecting the pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires.
- A parts bag with items you may need to install this product.
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase).
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
How You Use The Switches
(White upgrade is shown for clarity)
There are two "groups" of switches: (SW1, SW2, SW3) -and- (SW4, SW5, SW6)
The first group of switches (SW1, SW2 and SW3) are ON-OFF-ON switches used to turn an individual pickup Off and On. The middle position of each switch is Off. The down position turns the pickup On (in normal-phase) and the Up position turns the pickup on (in reverse-phase). Pretty simple, don't you agree?
Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup
Switch SW2 controls the Middle pickup
Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup
When you use these three switches (while switches SW4, SW5, SW6 all in the Down position), you will get 13 different pickup tones from the various combinations of three pickup coils being Off or On (either in normal-phase or in reverse-phase). These pickup tones are also due to the combination of pickup coils being in a Parallel circuit.
The second group of switches (SW4, SW5 and SW6) are ON-ON switches are used to put select pickups into a Series circuit.
Two things to remember when using this second group of switches:
First, putting two or three pickups in Series circuit creates a "Compound" (i.e., Humbucker) pickup that gives you about 8 to 15 percent More output (think Heavy Metal/Jazz tone).
Second, all of the pickups that are in a Series circuit must be On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) or no sound is produced. Any non-Series circuit pickup can be either Off or On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
Using the Second Group of Switches
Starting with switches SW4, SW5 and SW6 in the Down position;
Put switch SW4 into the Up position. This puts both the Bridge pickup and Middle pickup into a Series circuit. Both the Bridge pickup and the Middle pickup must be On using switches SW1 and SW2 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. The Neck pickup (controlled by SW3) is in a Parallel circuit and can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
Put switch SW5 into the Up position. This puts both the Bridge pickup and Neck pickup into a Series circuit. Both the Bridge pickup and the Neck pickup must be On using switches SW1 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. The Middle pickup (controlled by SW2) is in a Parallel circuit and can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
Put switch SW6 into the Up position. This puts both the Middle pickup and Neck pickup into a Series circuit. Both the Middle pickup and the Neck pickup must be On using switches SW2 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. The Bridge pickup (controlled by SW1) is in a Parallel circuit and can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
Put both switches SW4 and SW6 into the Up position. This puts all three pickups into a Series circuit. ALL of the pickups must be On using switches SW1, SW2 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound.
In summary, the combinations of these switches will give you 35 pickup tones.
One-Year Return Policy
Our AweSome return policy accepts all returns. We now offer an unprecedented One-Year Return Guarantee on all ALL our upgrade products. This means that You can use this incredible AweSome Upgrade for an entire 365 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund — no questions asked.
In addition, our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ switch products (T2-Switch, T3-Switch, T4-Switch) now come with a Lifetime Guarantee. If it ever fails, we will repair or replace it (see our website FAQ for details.) Return shipping and insurance paid by purchaser. User-assembled KIT versions of our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ products are not covered by our Lifetime Guarantee.
Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method less any shipping and handling charges.
To Purchase this Product
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."