All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
T4 Upgrade With Pickups
T4 Upgrade For your Pickups
ID: 042 Stratocaster HH White Pearloid Upgrade
This 3-ply White Pearloid Upgrade is for your standard right-hand American Stratocaster or similar guitar with an HH pickup configuration. This high performance upgrade has been cleverly designed to accept humbucker pickups that have either two or three height adjustment screws.
This is a Simple EZ-Install upgrade. You just transfer your pickups to this upgrade pickguard, connect the pickup wires to the solderless terminal strip (no soldering needed) and a HUGE alternate tone dimension will instantly open up to you.
This drop-in upgrade product has everything you need to install into your standard right-hand American Stratocaster or similar instrument. Except for experimenting with different pickups, this will be the LAST upgrade you will ever need to make and it will be your most favorite instrument of all time.
Want MORE Versatility?
These Stratocaster upgrades let you do the following things after you install this upgrade:
(These are things you CANNOT on your standard Stratocaster!)
This EZ-Install AweSome upgrade for your Stratocaster gives you complete and total control over your pickups. And because you can independently control each pickup, you can turn each one on in normal-phase or reverse-phase, and you can also put them in parallel-connection or series-connection with one or more pickups. The bottom line is that you can get up to 88 pickup tones from your AweSome upgraded Stratocaster that currently gives you only a few pickup tones.
This unique upgrade also gives you the Signature Sounds of ALL guitar gods of every headliner group since the 1940s.
When used In The Studio, your AweSome upgraded Stratocaster will have an incredible spectrum of up to 88 unique pickup tones that are impossible to produce with a "stock" instrument.
When used On Stage, your upgraded Stratocaster will give you incredible Signature Sounds that nobody else can easily duplicate. And over time, you can even "morph" your Signature Sounds to keep your fans interested in what you offer.
Nothing on earth can give you MORE Pure Analog Pickup Tone Power than these unique AweSome Stratocaster upgrades.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
This product can be used to upgrade the following (and similar non-Fender/clone) models:
- American Professional Stratocaster HH Shawbucker
- American Standard Stratocaster HH
- Blacktop Stratocaster HH
- Classic Player Strat HH
- Standard Stratocaster HH
- Other Stratocaster-style guitars with HH pickup configuration
Your instrument must have two 4-wire humbucker pickup. If you use two 2-wire humbucker pickups, you can only get 6 pickup tones.
NOTE: Some Fender Stratocaster type instruments made in china may require minor body cavity routing because the body cavity may not be deep or wide enough to permit this product to be mounted flush. Our upgrade pickguard may require slight removal of pickguard material in bridge area if a non-standard bridge is used.
- If your instrument contains any of the following items, our product does not include them; personality cards, greasebucket circuit, passing lane switch, S1 Switch, push-push mini switch, TBX or mid boost circuit or any special controls beyond the standard 3-way or 5-way switch.
- Some models (e.g., Squier, etc.) may require additional mounting holes be drilled.
- For instruments that have 8-hole pickguard mounting screws, we only have 11-hole pickguard mounting screws. Drilling a few extra holes is needed to mount our upgrade product. This is a small tradeoff to get such an incredible range of pickup tones after your upgrade.
- Instruments with Floyd Rose or other non-standard tremolo bridge require pickguard material removal for proper fit.
- Elite models with double action truss adjustment wheel at end of neck require pickguard material removal for proper fit.
- Covered humbuckers may require additional pickguard material removal for proper fit and may require additional height adjustment holes be drilled.
- Coil tapped pickups must be connected as standard 2-wire pickups.
- Active (i.e, battery-powered) pickups or piezoelectric pickups cannot be used with these switch products.
Using The Upgrade
Here is how the controls of our T4-Switch product are laid out.
(rear) SW1 S5B SW2 SW3 S5N SW4 (front)
There are really two "groups" of switches:
(SW1, S5B, SW2) -and- (SW3, S5N, SW4)
(control bridge coils) (control neck coils)
Here is how the switches are used:
Switches SW1, SW2, SW3 and SW4 are ON-OFF-ON switches used to turn an individual pickup coil Off and On. The middle position of each switch is Off. The down position turns the pickup On (in normal-phase) and the Up position turns the pickup On (in reverse-phase).
Switches S5B and S5N are ON-ON (a.k.a. ON-NONE-ON) switches that are used to put select pickup coils into a Series circuit when in the Up position. When Down, the select pickup coils are in a Parallel circuit. Pretty simple, don't you agree?
When switches S5B and S5N are in the Down position, you will get 29 different pickup tones from the various combinations of four pickup coils being Off or On (either in normal-phase or in reverse-phase) using switches SW1, SW2, SW3 and SW4. These pickup tones are also due to the combination of pickup coils being in a Parallel circuit.
The other switches (S5B and S5N) are ON-ON (a.k.a. ON-NONE-ON) switches are used to put select pickup coils into a Series circuit. Here are two things you must remember when putting pickup coils into a Series circuit:
First, putting two pickup coils in Series circuit creates a "Compound" (i.e., Humbucker) pickup that gives you about 8 to 15 percent More output (think Heavy Metal/Jazz tone).
Second, because the pickup coils are in a Series circuit, BOTH of the affected pickup coils that are in a Series circuit MUST be On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase). Any non-Series circuit pickup can be either Off or On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
What Each Switch Controls
Switch SW1: Turns on pickup coil #1 (down is normal-phase, up is reverse-phase, center is Off.)
Switch S5B: Puts both coils #1 and #2 into a Series circuit when Up. Both pickup coils MUST be On.
Switch SW2: Turns on pickup coil #2 (down is normal-phase, up is reverse-phase, center is Off.)
Switch SW3: Turns on pickup coil #3 (down is normal-phase, up is reverse-phase, center is Off.)
Switch S5N: Puts both coils #3 and #4 into a Series circuit when Up. Both pickup coils MUST be On.
Switch SW4: Turns on pickup coil #4 (down is normal-phase, up is reverse-phase, center is Off.)
The various combinations of all of these switches will give you 68 pickup tones.
Here Is What Is Included
Depending on your selection, you get one of the following options.
- One (ID: 042a) White Pearloid Stratocaster HH upgrade that is completely wired. You just install your pickups, connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T4-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 68 pickup tones.
- One (ID: 042b) White Pearloid Stratocaster HH upgrade that is completely wired. This upgrade includes our standard pickups. You just connect connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T4-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 68 pickup tones.
(depending on your choice, some or all of the following items may be included.)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
One-Year Return Policy
Our AweSome return policy accepts all returns. We now offer an unprecedented One-Year Return Guarantee on all ALL our upgrade products. This means that You can use this incredible AweSome Upgrade for an entire 365 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund — no questions asked.
In addition, our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ switch products (T2-Switch, T3-Switch, T4-Switch) now come with a Lifetime Guarantee. If it ever fails, we will repair or replace it (see our website FAQ for details.) Return shipping and insurance paid by purchaser. User-assembled KIT versions of our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ products are not covered by our Lifetime Guarantee.
Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method less any shipping and handling charges.
To Purchase this Product
Consider Adding The Following Related Customer-Installed Items
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."