All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
T3 Upgrade With Pickups
T3 Upgrade For your Pickups
ID: 010 A Stratocaster SSS Upgrade
This White Upgrade is for your standard right-hand American Stratocaster or similar guitar with an SSS pickup configuration. This upgrade product contains our high performance T3-Switch to give you 35 pickup tones from your upgraded guitar.
This is a Simple EZ-Install upgrade. You just transfer your pickups to this upgrade pickguard, connect the pickup wires to the solderless terminal strip (no soldering needed) and a HUGE alternate tone dimension will instantly open up to you.
This drop-in upgrade product has everything you need to install into your standard right-hand American Stratocaster or similar instrument. Except for experimenting with different pickups, this will be the LAST upgrade you will ever need to make and it will be your most favorite instrument of all time.
Want MORE Versatility?
These Stratocaster upgrades let you do the following things after you install this upgrade:
(These are things you CANNOT on your standard Stratocaster!)
- Turn on both the Bridge and Neck pickups in normal-phase and in parallel to make it sound like a "standard" Telecaster.
- Put the Bridge and Neck pickups in normal-phase and in series to create a well-rounded Jazz sound.
- Put the Bridge and Neck pickups in reverse-phase and in parallel to get glass-shattering country twang sound.
- Put the Bridge and Neck pickups in reverse-phase and in series to get a more robust country twang sound.
- Put any/all pickups in either normal-phase or reverse-phase.
- Put any/all pickups in either parallel or series.
- You can turn on all three pickups at the same time.
- Our tone control even lets you "tame" the harshness of the bridge pickup.
- You will still have your original 5 pickup tones, but you will have 30 additional unique (35 total) pickup tones.
This upgrade also gives you those Brian May (guitarist for Queen) "red special" pickup sounds because you can instantly put any two or all three pickups into series (you cannot do this on your standard Stratocaster.) And when you put two select pickups in series, you can turn on the remaining pickup in parallel (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) and this is something even Brian May's red special guitar cannot do. This upgrade will give you incredible pickup tones that are so "Fat" they're OBESE!
This EZ-Install AweSome upgrade for your Stratocaster gives you complete and total control over your pickups. And because you can independently control each pickup, you can turn each one on in normal-phase or reverse-phase, and you can also put them in parallel-connection or series-connection with one or more pickups. The bottom line is that you can get 35 pickup tones from your AweSome upgraded Stratocaster that currently gives you only five pickup tones.
This unique upgrade also gives you the Signature Sounds of ALL guitar gods of every headliner group since the 1940s.
When used In The Studio, your AweSome upgraded Stratocaster will have an incredible spectrum of 35 unique pickup tones that are impossible to produce with a "stock" instrument.
When used On Stage, your upgraded Stratocaster will give you incredible Signature Sounds that nobody else can easily duplicate. And over time, you can even "morph" your Signature Sounds to keep your fans interested in what you offer.
Nothing on earth can give you MORE Pure Analog Pickup Tone Power than these unique AweSome Stratocaster upgrades.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
Instruments that can be upgraded with this product include (but is not limited to):
- 1956 Heavy Relic Stratocaster
- 1964 Closet Classic Stratocaster
- 2014 Custom Deluxe Stratocaster
- 2014 Proto Stratocaster
- 2016 Limited Edition American Elite Stratocaster
- Affinity Series Stratocaster
- Affinity Stratocaster
- American Deluxe Strat PLUS
- American Deluxe Stratocaster
- American Elite Stratocaster
- American Professional Stratocaster
- American Special Stratocaster
- American Standard Stratocaster
- American Vintage '56 Stratocaster
- American Vintage '59 Stratocaster
- American Vintage '65 Stratocaster
- Buddy Guy Standard Stratocaster
- Bullet Strat with Tremolo
- Classic Player '50s Stratocaster
- Classic Player '60s Stratocaster
- Classic Series '50s Stratocaster
- Classic Series '60s Stratocaster
- Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
- Classic Vibe Stratocaster '50s
- Classic Vibe Stratocaster '60s
- CODA 25th Anniversary 1963 Stratocaster
- Dave Murray Stratocaster
- David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster
- Deluxe Hot Rails Stratocaster
- Deluxe Lone Star Stratocaster
- Deluxe Players Stratocaster
- Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster
- Deluxe Stratocaster
- Dick Dale Signature Stratocaster
- Eric Clapton Brownie Tribute Stratocaster
- Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster
- Eric Clapton Stratocaster
- Eric Johnson Stratocaster
- FSR American Special Stratocaster
- FSR American Standard Stratocaster
- Highway One Stratocaster
- Jeff Beck Stratocaster
- Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster
- Jimmie Vaughan Tex Mex Strat
- John Mayer Stratocaster
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Stratocaster
- Limited Edition '70s Hardtail Stratocaster
- Limited Edition American Special Stratocaster
- Limited Edition American Standard Stratocaster
- Special Edition David Lozeau Art Stratocaster
- Mark Knopfler Stratocaster
- Michael Landau Signature 1963 Relic Stratocaster
- Michael Landau Signature 1968 Relic Stratocaster
- Nile Rogers Hitmaker Stratocaster
- Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster
- O-Larn Signature Stratocaster II
- Road Worn '50s Stratocaster
- Road Worn '60s Stratocaster
- Road Worn Player Stratocaster
- Roadhouse Stratocaster
- Robert Cray Signature Stratocaster
- Robert Cray Stratocaster
- Robin Trower Signature Stratocaster
- Rory Gallagher Signature Stratocaster
- Select Stratocaster (all)
- Simon Neil Stratocaster
- Special Edition '60s Stratocaster Lacquer
- Squier Affinity Stratocaster
- Squier Standard Stratocaster
- Standard Strat
- Standard Strat FMT
- Standard Stratocaster Satin
- Standard Stratocaster Plus Top
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster
- The Edge Strat
- Vintage Hot Rod '50s Stratocaster
- Vintage Hot Rod '57 Stratocaster
- Vintage Hot Rod '60s Stratocaster
- Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster
- Vintage Modified '70s Stratocaster
- Vintage Modified Stratocaster
- Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster
- Walnut Top Artisan Stratocaster
- Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
NOTE: Some Fender Stratocaster type instruments made in china may require minor body cavity routing because the body cavity may not be deep or wide enough to permit this product to be mounted flush. Our upgrade pickguard may require slight removal of pickguard material in bridge area if a non-standard bridge is used.
- If your instrument contains any of the following items, our product does not include them; personality cards, greasebucket circuit, passing lane switch, S1 Switch, push-push mini switch, TBX or mid boost circuit or any special controls beyond the standard 3-way or 5-way switch.
- Some models (e.g., Squier, etc.) may require additional mounting holes be drilled.
- For instruments that have 8-hole pickguard mounting screws, we only have 11-hole pickguard mounting screws. Drilling a few extra holes is needed to mount our upgrade product. This is a small tradeoff to get such an incredible range of pickup tones after your upgrade.
- Instruments with Floyd Rose or other non-standard tremolo bridge require pickguard material removal for proper fit.
- Elite models with double action truss adjustment wheel at end of neck require pickguard material removal for proper fit.
- Covered humbuckers may require additional pickguard material removal for proper fit and may require additional height adjustment holes be drilled.
- Coil tapped pickups must be connected as standard 2-wire pickups.
- Active (i.e, battery-powered) pickups or piezoelectric pickups cannot be used with these switch products.
Using The Upgrade
Here is how the mini-toggle controls of our T3-Switch product are laid out.
There are two "groups" of switches: (SW4, SW5, SW6) -and- (SW1, SW2, SW3)
The first group of switches (SW1, SW2 and SW3) are ON-OFF-ON switches used to turn an individual pickup Off and On. The middle position of each switch is Off. The down position turns the pickup On (in normal-phase) and the Up position turns the pickup on (in reverse-phase). Pretty simple, don't you agree?
Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup,
Switch SW2 controls the Middle pickup and
Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup.
When you use these three switches (while switches SW4, SW5, SW6 all in the Down position), you will get 13 different pickup tones from the various combinations of three pickup coils being Off or On (either in normal-phase or in reverse-phase). These pickup tones are also due to the combination of pickup coils being in a Parallel circuit.
The second group of switches (SW4, SW5 and SW6) are ON-ON switches are used to put select pickups into a Series circuit. Two things to remember when using this second group of switches:
First, putting two or three pickups in Series circuit creates a "Compound" (i.e., Humbucker) pickup that gives you about 8 to 15 percent More output (think Heavy Metal/Jazz tone).
Second, because the pickups are in a Series circuit, ALL of the affected pickups that are in a Series circuit MUST be On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase). Any non-Series circuit pickup can be either Off or On (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
Using the Second Group of Switches
Starting with switches SW4, SW5 and SW6 in the Down position;
If you only put switch SW4 into the Up position, this puts both the Bridge pickup and Middle pickup into a Series circuit. This means you MUST turn On both the Bridge pickup and the Middle pickup using switches SW1 and SW2 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. In this example, the Neck pickup (controlled by SW3) can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
If you only put switch SW5 into the Up position, this puts both the Bridge pickup and Neck pickup into a Series circuit. This means you MUST turn On both the Bridge pickup and the Neck pickup using switches SW1 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. In this example, the Middle pickup (controlled by SW2) can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
If you only put switch SW6 into the Up position, this puts both the Middle pickup and Neck pickup into a Series circuit. This means you MUST turn On both the Middle pickup and the Neck pickup using switches SW2 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. In this example, the Bridge pickup (controlled by SW1) can be either Off or On (in normal-phase or reverse-phase).
If you put both switches SW4 and SW6 into the Up position, this puts all three pickups into a Series circuit. This means you MUST turn On ALL of the pickups using switches SW1, SW2 and SW3 (either in normal-phase or reverse-phase) to hear any sound. This gives you an incredible overdriven bass sound in spades. It also gives you Brian May's heavy metal tones.
In summary, the combinations of these switches will give you 35 pickup tones.
Here Is What Is Included
Depending on your selection, you get one of the following options.
- One (ID: 010a) White Stratocaster SSS upgrade that is completely wired. You just install your pickups, connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T3-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 35 pickup tones.
- One (ID: 010b) White Stratocaster SSS upgrade that is completely wired. This upgrade includes our standard pickups. You just connect connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T3-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you 35 pickup tones.
(depending on your choice, some or all of the following items may be included.)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
One-Year Return Policy
Our AweSome return policy accepts all returns. We now offer an unprecedented One-Year Return Guarantee on all ALL our upgrade products. This means that You can use this incredible AweSome Upgrade for an entire 365 days. If you don't agree this is the greatest product ever, return it for a refund — no questions asked.
In addition, our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ switch products (T2-Switch, T3-Switch, T4-Switch) now come with a Lifetime Guarantee. If it ever fails, we will repair or replace it (see our website FAQ for details.) Return shipping and insurance paid by purchaser. User-assembled KIT versions of our "core" Pickup Switch Upgrade™ products are not covered by our Lifetime Guarantee.
Buyer receives full refund in their original payment method less any shipping and handling charges.
To Purchase this Product
Consider Adding The Following Related Customer-Installed Items
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."