All of our products are individually packaged. Each product contains a unique 12-digit UPC Barcode.
Our AweSome products will exceed your expectations for Quality, Usefulness and Value.
(Click Image for Larger Size)
With Neck Pickup
Bare Upgrade Product
Controls Close Up
ID: 004 Telecaster Thinline SS Upgrade
This quality 3-ply White AweSome Upgrade product is for your standard right-hand Fender Telecaster Thinline guitar with two single-coil pickups. This product gives you 6 pickup tones on your upgraded instrument and is twice as many pickup tones available on your "stock" instrument. This is even more pickup tones than a standard Stratocaster.
This drop-in, no body routing product has everything you need to install into your standard right-hand Telecaster Thinline guitar with two single-coil pickups. This upgrade pickguard has 12 holes to attach it to your guitar.
Instruments That Can Be Upgraded
You can upgrade the following instruments:
- 1969 Telecaster Thinline
- 1969 Telecaster Thinline Reissue
- American Deluxe Telecaster Thinline
- American Elite Telecaster Thinline
- Squier Telecaster Thinline (Vintage Modified)
- Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline
- All similar "clone" instruments with 12-screw attaching pickguard holes
Note: On some models, you may need to redrill mounting holes, remove pickguard material or body cavity material. Purchasing this AweSome Upgrade means that you are OK with, and accept that possibility.
Using The Upgrade
Using our T2-Switch, you can
- Turn the Bridge pickup On,
- Turn the Neck pickup On,
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Normal Phase
(the above three pickup tones are what you get with the stock 3-way blade switch.)
(the below three pickup tones are ones that you cannot get with your stock instrument.)
- Turn the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Parallel connection and in Reverse Phase
(gives you a glass-shattering country twang tone that you can't get with the stock instrument.)
So with Switch SW5 in the Down position, you get the four pickup tones described above. You can turn on the Bridge pickup by itself, the Neck pickup alone, both the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in normal phase), as well as the Bridge and Neck pickup together (in reverse phase).
When you put Switch SW5 in the Up position, you get two additional pickup tones with both pickups connected in Series. This gives you a warmer and more humbucking Jazz tone, that you just cannot get with your stock instrument.
- When you turn on both the Bridge AND Neck pickups On in Series and in Normal Phase
(you get a well rounded Humbucker-like Jazz tone you can't get with the stock instrument.)
- With both the Bridge AND neck pickups On in Series connection and in Reverse Phase
(you get an intense and pronounced country twang tone that you can't get with the stock instrument.)
Here is how it works.
- Switch SW1 controls the Bridge pickup. Center position is Off, Down position in normal phase, Up position is reverse phase.
- Switch SW5 controls whether the two pickups are in a parallel connection (down) or a series connection (up)
- Switch SW3 controls the Neck pickup. Center position is Off, Down position in normal phase, Up position is reverse phase.
With Switch SW5 in the Up position, both pickups must be On (either in normal phase or reverse phase) or you will not hear any output. This is because the two pickups will be in a series circuit.
In summary, the combinations of these switches will give you an incredible six pickup tones and is so simple for you to use.
The following audio clips demonstrate the typical range of sound you can get from our T2 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product.
Bridge and Neck Pickup (in parallel, normal phase)
Bridge and Neck Pickup (in parallel, reverse phase)
Bridge and Neck Pickup (in series, normal phase)
Bridge and Neck Pickup (in series, reverse phase)
Here Is What Is Included
You can select one of the following options:
- One (ID: 004a) Telecaster Thinline SS 3-ply White upgrade pickguard that is completely wired with no neck pickup. You transfer your neck pickup to this upgrade, connect your pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T2-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you maximum country "twang" brilliance. Gives you 6 pickup tones.
- One (ID: 004b) Telecaster Thinline SS 3-ply White upgrade pickguard that is completely wired and also comes with a neck pickup. You connect your bridge pickup wires to the green solderless terminal strip, and connect the two marked upgrade wires to your input jack wires. This upgrade comes with our T2-Switch, high quality 500K Bourns controls and a ceramic .047 mfd capacitor to give you maximum country "twang." Gives you 6 pickup tones.
(depending on your choice, some or all of the following items may be included)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge red wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 12" (30.48cm) insulated 22-gauge black wire (to extend existing wires if needed)
- 4 yellow/clear solderless crimp connectors (UY2)
- 2 grey wire nuts (71B)
- URL to download easy-to-follow instructions from our website Document Library
Tools You Need To Install This Product
You need the following tools (not supplied with purchase). Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase, installation and use of this product.
- Wire cutters / wire strippers
- Small pliers
- Small phillips screwdriver, small straight slot screwdriver
- Optional: soldering iron (30 watt maximum), 60/40 rosin core solder
To Purchase this Product
Shipping: All products are shipped via United States Postal Service. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. Shipping Details: Shipping generally occurs within three business days of payment.
Saturday, Sunday and postal holidays are not business days.
Notes: Ask questions before purchasing. Purchaser assumes all risk of liability with respect to the installation and use of these products.
This switching system cannot be used with active (battery-powered) pickups or pizeo pickups.
Active (i.e., battery-powered) pickups manufactured by Bartolini, EMG, Seymour Duncan, etc. will not work with our growing family of high performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. These active pickups use a design that prevents any of the pickups from being put into series because it sends -9VDC back to the first pickup, shorting out the circuit. Although some manufacturers now sell "add on" products to give you some of the functionality that our products automatically provide, this design limits their versatility and increases the cost to the musician. Many people who have tried these products remove them because they are "too sterile sounding". Anything that uses batteries will likely go dead at a crucial time - like when you're performing or in the recording studio. Bill Lawrence was right when he said, "Batteries belong in flashlights."