(Additional links are on the bottom of this page)
Comments / Testimonials
Comments from Customers and Others
We regret that there are no constructive unenthusiastic customer comments to add balance to this page. We have done our job so well that all of our customers are pleased with their purchase. More than half are repeat customers strong evidence of incredible products.
- Regarding your 3-pickup Telecaster Upgrade (TCP-T3): "You have designed a master switching mixer inside of a guitar! ... the combinations seem endless ... (and) ... is great for a recording situation for me ... definitely a big advantage to get any sound possible out of the guitar as a recording tool." Redd Volkaert, www.reddvolkaert.com (Merle Haggard's lead guitarist and 2009 Grammy Winner for Best Instrumental.)
- This is the BEST guitar product I have seen in the past 40 years. Shipped FAST!! Dr. Thomas D. Thuirer (MO)
- In all, 76 different variations can be unlocked – and this is before your analog or digital processing unit(s) get the chance to add even more flavoring to your output. Paul Ridden (http://www.gizmag.com/awesome-3d-guitar/27387/)
- Thanks for the prompt response. I really appreciate caring manufacturers. This alone makes the selection of Awesome products an easy choice. I purchased the T4-Switch kit and built a new Tele Thinline pickguard for easy switch out w/the original. It was a breeze to assemble and install. 5 stars for the whole process and with the great detailed and well thought out instructions the build took little time and effort. I also added the option of putting the 4-wire humbuckers in series with a mini-toggle, adding more tones at little cost. The resulting tones are FANTASTIC. My Strat is next. As a guitar player for some 40 years I highly recommend Awesome Guitar's upgrade products to everyone. The resulting vast array of tones will impress. James B. (NC)
- I agree, the "hidden" pickup tones when combined with sentimental music definitely has a seductive impact on the women in the audience. Your incredible upgrades have given me a secret weapon that lets me transform half the people in the audience into buying customers. M. Morrison (MI)
- [Reviewer Comments] ...this product (T4-Switch) does everything it is designed to do without fail. I was able to get 76 different pickup tones... Now with that said this was amazing for the studio and I was able to get tones out of my guitar that I didn't think were possible. Where I found the T4-Switch to be the most practical outside of the studio was as a luthier's or custom shop's tool. The T4-Switch is one of the most user friendly products to install I have seen that upgrades your pickup tone, and truly delivers results. The T4-Switch works exactly how it was designed to. If you are looking to get the most out of your pickups this will do the trick. If you are a luthier I believe this is a must have tool to get the most out of your guitars. Sean McCormick (localmusicgearreview.com)
- [Repeat Customer] The photo of my Quattro-4 prototype is a Stratocaster with 4 single-coil pickups with your T4-Switch and I experienced – Eureka! This set-up is what the T4-Switch was really meant for. This effectively extends the two humbucker system so that all output tones are quite different, along with the advantage of the inherent brightness of the single-coil pickups. This produces a suite of tones that would turn all Strat owners bright green with envy. The result is some of the most extraordinary sounds I have ever heard from a Strat-type instrument – including a much wider spread of really rich and useful tones when compared with a 3-pickup instrument using your T3-Switch. You are correct in stating that having four separate pickups under different areas of the strings will add to the richness of the combined pickup tones because of all the discordant harmonics in different areas of the strings, when combined, produce what can only be described as "tone nirvana". This is the goods! Graham Mann (Australia).
- How perfect is this? Every possible sound from my favorite guitar. It already has the best neck and the best feel of all of them, and having this kind of sound versatility makes it the only one I take out of the rack! Your products are pure genius. This lets you Get Amazing Tones Without Changing Your Pickups. George Ward (NJ)
- [Repeat Customer] Your T4-Switch has given me an unbelievable array of 76 mind boggling tones at my fingertips. Any of your T4-Switch equipped products is ideal for those looking to upgrade their HSS or HH style guitars into the future. The tones that can be achieved have the characteristics that resemble some of the great guitars of our time. Never has it been so simple to get Les paul, Stratocaster, Ibanez, and many other style sounds from a single guitar. On stage or in the studio the T4-Switch gives you the same freedom of owning all the great guitars past and present at a fraction of the cost, but by no means having a fraction of the tone. Matt Roberts, (www.theguitarhero.co.uk/ www.mattroberts199.co.uk)
- Your stuff makes sense to me and I'm just the drummer Mike Smith (MI)
- [Repeat Customer] The guitar arrived today and it is amazing as are all the products I have gotten from you. It is very versatile. I really am surprised that no company has picked up your products. I guess people are afraid of something new. It is a good experience to fool around with the toggles and see what happens!!. I am a seasoned player and have played alot of guitars. Your products does indeed open up the realm of possibilities with an analog switching system. Once tried, they will not disappoint. Steve (Brooklyn NY)
- I'm indeed a satisfied customer. Seen your webpage and T-4 switch loaded Strat pickguard and bang I'm on my way to 76 analog tones, and its easy installation that didn't take a month of Sundays running voltage/ohm checks and cursing pesky push/pull pot and switch soldering woes. Malcolm McShannon (IL)
- Your products are incredible. They transform pawn shop pieces of junk into stellar instruments that produce a symphonic orchestra of pickup tones. I can't believe that Fender, Gibson and PRS aren't beating on your door to get an exclusive licensing contract. I have no doubt that the company that does get an exclusive is going to be the only company selling electric guitar and basses. A single instrument that offers you all pickup tones ever created is something that cannot be equaled. Steven Vai (LA, CA) no relation to Steve Vai
- I'm a guitar builder in Kingston. Just wanted to let you know how happy I am with your T4-Switch. I've fitted one of my recent archtops with it and boy, does it ever do the job. To see a YouTube video of Dave Barton putting this guitar to work,
To see another guitarist, Brice Delage, jamming on the same guitar
For more photos of this radical Evolution guitar,
JP, www.laplanteguitars.com (Ontario Canada)
- [Product Reviewer] and [Repeat Customer] comments on their Facebook page: "AWESOME-GUITARS is one of my favorite aftermarket musical product companies. Why? Because they have one of the most sophisticated and incredible products for the guitar that I've ever experienced. Awesome-Guitars has created incredible upgrades that can give your guitar or bass up 76 analog pickup tones. Yeah... 76 tones from one guitar. If you're a gigging musician and you're tired of dragging three axes to a show, well this is the ticket. I dropped one of these upgrades into one of my Stratocasters and it blew me away. The guitar is now my "Super Strat" and while I've got guitars that are vastly more valuable, this guitar can do almost anything. Poke around their site and give one of their products a try. Average price is around $149.00 and it will absolutely enhance your axe arsenal. Made in America and guaranteed to blow you away." Chris A. (OH) www.facebook.com/ChrisAPhotography
- I am very pleased with a Starcaster I purchased from you last year with a T4-Switch upgrade. With some upgraded tuners and some neck work it feels and sounds great. My better half insisted on buying it for myself and it is a piece I will always treasure. My sweetie plays drums and we have a complete blast making music together. At 57 yrs old we have never had so much fun. Lloyd L. (MI)
- Got it (3 pickup Telecaster) all working! Wow! Fantastic. Love it. Jerry Ehrlich The Brand Squad (TN)
- Your upgrade (for my Strat SSS) is awesome (just like your company name). I put it together and my guitar never sounded like this before. I came across some fabulous sounds, you truly did a superb job. Abel Khineche (CA)
- [Product Reviewer] The TCP-T4 unit you sent me for my Telecaster with four pickup coils does so many things that I am still discovering new tones. I have not reached the end of what it can do. There might be the possibility of there is no end. No kidding. I also received the new Stratocaster upgrade this afternoon. Opened the box and WOW does it look sharp with the black pickguard. I was expecting a cheaper 1-ply pickguard but instead received a quality 3-ply pickguard. I thought all the switches would look a little too busy or tacky, but this really looks professional. S.C. (CrazyAboutGuitars.org)
- The T4 switch can give you 76 different tones ... (The) combination of pickups ... is a great alternative for guitar players using a single guitar to play a variety of musical styles. Johnny Genocide (allexperts.com)
- Regarding your KIT-T3 switch upgrade, everything went great. The sound is awsome. I used it in a berringer modeling amp and had a great surprise because the guitar now keeps (re)inventing itself. We will do lots of business together. I also make cigar box guitars also I have one on the Tv show Justified. My next project is a Vintage Ibanez Iceman guitar. I will be making a video soon to share on line playing the guitars that have had the conversion done. Along with other amps to show everything you can do with your products. Carmen Riggs (FL)
- [Repeat Customer] I installed the T3-Switch using the instructions from your AweSome website. I used a cheap Washburn guitar for a test. I installed one set of 3 single coil Seymour Duncan pickups and with the T3-Switch, the result was amazing! Now, it is not so cheap because with this one instrument I now have (the equivalent pickup tones of) twelve guitars, yes: 12! The T4-Switch I ordered is for a Jackson guitar. My best regards Carlos Cameschi (Brazil)
- [Repeat Customer] I was finally able to install the loaded pickguard into my guitar yesterday. Your switching system is absolutely amazing. What you've done is exactly needed by anyone who wants to really use their instrument as the technology/tool it's meant to be. I did a show with Shams 93 last night. The guys setting up these shows for us are serious gearheads. They're going crazy listening to my demo tones, and I'm getting requests to sit in! Charles Claymore, Guitarist/Vocalist, American Fado; The Masons; Shams 93 (CA)
- [Repeat Customer] The sounds I get with your T4-Switch is fantastic. Almost every combination of the pickups is a distinct and useful tone. I think your switch products really works well when the pickups are dissimilar - producing lots of (pleasant) surprises. When combined, the resulting tone is unlike either pickup by itself. Easy to install and connect. John Guth (NY)
- "For The Guy That Only Wants One Guitar To Do Everything." Sam Robinson, in-house Guitar Center Luthier (Southfield, MI)
- I used the KIT-T4 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM to replace the pickup selector switch in an ESP/LTD Viper 50. While the KIT-T4 is not a kit for absolute beginners, anyone who has some experience with a soldering iron can put it together. No danger of foil-lifting on the high quality circuit board supplied, and detailed instructions all the way through final testing!
I'm going to keep this as a 'shop' guitar, as your flexible connection system lets me audition any pickups - without reaching for the soldering iron! Thank you and congratulations on your AweSome products. Patrick Bushaw (FL)
- "In the studio, selecting the right guitar for the part is more than half the battle. Having a palette of sounds to choose from helps you play to your particular strengths, and the marriage of creative ideas to appropriate instruments is hard to beat." Rich Tozzoli, Music Producer/Composer/Mixer (NJ)
- [Product Reviewer] and [Repeat Customer] The SS2W-T3 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product was installed into a Squire Affinity Strat. It took a little time getting used to the different sounds that can be achieved with the various switch combinations. But after trying a few switch combinations, I began to understand the sounds that can be achieved with this SS2W-T3 makes the upgrade well worthwhile. The Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products come in to a league of its own in a studio situation because it removes the need to carry round an arsenal of guitars and replaces them with just one guitar upgraded with your product.
The tones that can be achieved with this product have the characteristics that resemble some of the great guitars of our time. The tones don't replace having the original instrument, but that being said they are simply a fantastic compromise and are a real value to a traveling studio musician that doesn't want to haul all their guitars from studio to studio. In a live performance situation the amount of switches can make fast switching a little difficult but nothing that can't be resolved with a little practice.
On stage or in the studio the SS2W-T3 gives you the same freedom of owning all the great guitars past and present and at a fraction of the cost. The installation of the SS2W-T3 has increased the versatility of my Squire Strat ten-fold. With the 35 unique sounding tones I now have available, it has taken a standard Squire Strat and pushed it into the 21st century giving me tones I would have never even thought were possible from a single guitar.
To see a video of all the pickup tone combinations on YouTube, click here. Matt Roberts, (www.theguitarhero.co.uk/ www.mattroberts199.co.uk)
- An Endorsement:
"The easiest way to get a multiplicity of tones on any electric guitar or bass." Mike Koontz (Koontz Guitar Repair, Ferndale, MI)
- This Super-User has worked with all three core Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products:
[Repeat Customer] I like the idea of having everything fit together without the need for soldering. This means that the average Strat, Tele, JB and PB owner should be able to assemble the components without difficulty. In my opinion, the T3-Switch is a winner, and will remain in at least one of my two remaining Strats permanently.
Your Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products have made available everything a given set of pick-ups has to offer. Like kids, some pick-ups don't "play well" with others. Results can vary widely depending on the pickups you are using. Some mix well with others, and some don't. However, with the hundreds of pick-ups now available, there are thousands of permutations as to how these products could be configured.
I look what your Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products offer as a "tone buffet". Every person using this system can choose a series of tones to suit their own taste, much as the would in a food buffet. Different tones will appeal to different people, but there will enough options for anyone to find the ones that "speak" to them. I don't foresee anyone using all thirty five tones anymore than I would expect them to select all thirty-five selections from a food buffet. It's up to the user to creatively combine these into something better than they had before. The important thing is that you have made available to them everything that a particular set of pickups has to offer. That is the real strength of your products.
Regarding the Telecaster 3-pickup upgrade: I would probably pick 5 or 6 of these 35 tones to use on a regular basis. This would probably be the case for most users, although the tones chosen could be very different depending on what sort of music they are into. Having dissimilar pickups also increases the range of pickup tone surprises. That is the real strength of this system. It's a huge improvement over the two pick-up Tele configuration and is a keeper.
Of the four Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products that I've tested, the T3-Switch in the Strat with the single coil Hot Golds is my favorite. The T3-Switch in the Tele would be my second choice. The T4-Switch with the two humbuckers would be number three. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer single coils over humbuckers, so this is not negative for the product. There are lots of folks out there that would love the flexibility of this product. A great bunch of products with more to come by the sounds of things. A job well done! David Holdway (Canada)
- An Endorsement:
[Repeat Customer] Recently, I was introduced to a gentleman who claimed to have invented the greatest innovation to hit the guitar since "Les Paul created the 'Log'". With a claim like that, I knew I had to check it out.
The invention in question is the amazing Pickup Switch UpgradeTM family of products. A handful of mini switches gives you an unbelievable amount of pickup options. Many of these tones you have never heard or dreamt possible! Doug "The Hammer" Frye installed a TCP-T4 unit in my Dual humbucker Blunt Tele(tm), now I have 6 switches that give me an astounding 76 different pickup sounds!!! I was absolutely floored!!!
I will put these in EVERY guitar I own from now on!!! You will be as blown away as I was. Shawn David Anderson (OH)
- An Endorsement:
[Repeat Customer] Hell yes I want to endorse and carry these products. You have made my life so much easier now. No longer do I have to take two hours to scratch wire in phase, out of phase, coil splits etc. Now that job can be done in 15 minutes with your cutting edge products. Thank you. John "AJ" Yenser of Designs By Dickhead (CA)
- [Repeat Customer] I gave a Stratocaster Upgrade to Kenny Wayne Shepherd last night. I handed it to him myself before I interviewed him. I explained what it was and told him I thought it was a wonderful product. He said he would check it out! I believe in your product! Chris A. www.chrisaphotography.com (OH)
- Your products are EXACTLY what our clients are wanting. For years we've had to to our own painstaking hours of work to modify electronics the way they wanted. After 40 yrs of doing this kind of work, your products are a breath of fresh air!!
Approx. 85% of our clients are Pro. musicians that are on tour/on the road, and or recording artists. We are the warranty service center for over 40 manufacturers too. (We are VERY well known) Looking forward to doing business with you! Chris Rochow aka "Dr. Fret" (OH)
- I've been using your Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products for several months now. I've tried it with several different sets of Strat pickups. My favorite to date is with Lace Sensor Hot Golds. WOW... this combination works well. Definitely a keeper for sure. The added bonus with the Hot Golds is that they are absolutely quiet... no hum or feedback whatsoever. Also works well with Texas Specials. requested to be anynomous
- [Repeat Customer] Very cool! There's a reason your products are called "AweSome"! Dan Coplan (CA)
- I finally got the transformation done on my guitar. OMG, this is amazing! I cannot believe all of the different sounds that you can get out of the pickups compared to the stock 5 way switch. I put it in a early 80's fender Squire Strat made in Korea. The Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products made a world of difference in the sounds you can get out of it. I have spent about 2 days checking out the different settings for the switches. Totally too cool. I have settings for Boston, Judas Priest, AC-DC and am still finding new ones. Thank you so much for putting this up for sale. I don't understand why no one has ever done this before. It's pretty dumb that the guitar companies don't offer this on guitars. Christopher Malcolm (WA)
- [Repeat Customer] I installed your T4 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product into one of my guitars and then took it down to the local Guitar Center and had the resident guitar gurus play it and BAM it's a hit. The one guy stated, "Wow this is all I need, I can get rid of 3 or 4 of my dead weight guitars I have to lug around each time I go out on a session."
Your switching system products will revolutionize the industry. No need to spend thousands on pedals and simulators when you have all those analog tones available on one guitar. 76 of them to be exact, everything from Ringing the Bell to Dirty Blues, from Surf to Country Twang and everything in between. In Phase - Out of Phase, In Parallel - In Series you can turn on or off each coil within the humbucker or in this case a set of custom dual coil P-90's.
The Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products give you the flexibility of modifying your tones to suit the song. No need to carry 3 or 4 guitars to a gig anymore so that you are equipped to play any type music, one guitar properly outfitted with this device is all that's necessary.
This T4 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product can be installed on any guitar with two 4-wire pickups or the combination of that formula. Let's take a Strat for example with one humbucker and two single coils. When you break it down like the Pickup Tone MultiplierTM switching system does, they are actually 4 independent coils that you can control with these two groups of 3 micro switches. Think of Brian May's rig only on steroids. After you install this upgrade it may be the last guitar you will ever want to play. It just doesn't get any better than this. John "AJ" Yenser - Designs By Dickhead (CA)
- [Repeat Customer] I now find the three available tone selections on my stock Tele instrument are very limiting after installing your upgrade. I still have the stock three sounds but the extra three sounds produced are distinct and useful. I love the setting that gives you both pickups in series (and in-phase). The result is a very strong but beautifully rounded jazz-like tone, something you would be struggling to get out of a standard instrument. Hearing that new intense country twang tone gave me goosebumps. Skimming through the documents that I downloaded showcases the awesome level of detail provided, certainly far more extensive than any other products that I have seen. Very well done! Graham Mann (Australia).
- First of all let me say WOWEE, WHAT A RANGE OF SOUND PREVIOUSLY HIDDEN FROM THE EAR, GUITAR and AMP. I had a choice of spare pickups to choose from and decided on my Fender Lace Sensor Silver's. The Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product all went together very well. Once plugged in, I was totally wrapped. I was amazed at the array of sound available and how versatile one axe suddenly became. I had to try and remember what sounds I preferred, and which ones I absolutely loved. I ended up grouping the switch patterns into blocks of sound, such as Surf, Blues, Jazz, Rock, Grunge, Metal, Country, Folk, over a couple of days.
Since my band is a kind of 50/50 cover/original, playing pubs, clubs, weddings etc. (and we've been at it since 1966, so we're all old rockers that have lots of fun), I need to have a versatile array of guitars (I have 9 working axes), for each venue we play at. For example, the Pub is different from the Club, and again different from Weddings, etc.
With this Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product, I can now easily get vintage to modern Strat sounds of Shadows to SRV (e.g., Clapton, Gilmore), some very useable Fender Jaguar surf, Les Paul PAF and even P90-ish, light Jazz, Tradition to Modern Blues, Country, Rockabilly, etc. All this from one guitar. Amazing. I'm impressed to the point that I'm now going to experiment with my Lace Sensor Golds, Texas Specials and EMG active SA's. With this switching system I believe I can reduce my working axes down to 2 one Strat, and one Twin F-Hole hollow body Tele with P90's (taken from a 1982 Greco); all with your switching system. Thanks for your amazing Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. Paul Daynes (a very happy guitarist) (Australia)
- This person upgraded their Electric Bass to get 76 Pure Analog Pickup Tones:
I saw the T4 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product in an on-line bass magazine and decided it was just what I needed for a rather unusual pickup configuration I was working on. With a J-style pickup in the bridge position, a P-style in the middle and Gibson EB style humbucker at the neck, I needed something that would put good use to all these tonal options without being too much of a handful to use on the fly. This thing came through in spades and I couldn't be happier with the way my bass performs.
The installation method I chose was pretty invasive and is not recommended for the novice. I wanted the switches in a very specific position that involved routing a cavity in the body under the pick guard. Keep in mind that you can also purchase assembled control
plates and pickguards with this T4-Switch (and other upgrade products.) Wiring the system into the instrument is a piece of cake. It's a straight forward process and the supplied instructions are thorough.
The sounds? This thing blew my bass wide open. I can get all the classic tones you would expect from this pickup configuration, and the T4-Switch adds even more options to this arsenal of sound. The P-pickup, combined with the out-of-phase neck humbucker makes my bass growl like a Ric. The J-pickup at the bridge in unison with the P-pickup in the middle brings the sought after PJ sound. From that classic sound, and with the flick of a switch, I can put them in series and I'm slamming like a Stingray! Once you get your head around the way this system works, it's pretty intuitive and easy to use.
My conclusion? This is a great value. My bass will now do all I had in mind when I began planning this project. I'm a bass player. I like showing up for the gig and being ready to play in 5 minutes. I've seen guys buy whole racks full of foot switchable gear with a mess of cables everywhere just to get this kind of versatility in their bass rig, not to mention the 3 or 4 basses they lug to the stage. My rig? A good amp, a good cable and my bass (that is now equipped with the T4-Switch). Short of outboard effects, if I ever decide to use them, this is all I'll ever need. Rob Doane, D2 Custom Guitars & Accessories (Holland, MI)
- I installed your product on a Bill Lawrence Strat and used some single coils I had kicking around and was blown away by the ease of installation and the sounds this guitar now produces. I'll be back for more. Lawrence Serafini (NY)
- [Repeat Customer] I have had the opportunity to test your switching system and evaluate it. The resultant variety of output voicing is truly amazing, my guitar is producing sounds I have never heard from any other instrument. As an added bonus on this instrument, I routed the pick-up output through a in-built amp/equalizer, enabling any of the 35 tones to be fine-tuned by the 4-band equalizer! This gives the guitar the ability to output thousands of audible tone variations. Thank you for supplying such a fine product, and I am very pleased to be able to endorse your switching system as a superb upgrade for any guitar. Graham Mann (Australia).
- I installed your T2-Switch in a Tele with P-90's and I like it very much. Just wanted say that the tones I'm getting are quite diverse. I'm getting nice Jazz & Blues tones as well as some kick ass Country Tele tones, and that's before I adjust the Tone knob. I'm building another Tele so I'll definitely be buying another kit. I have gotten a lot of great comments from players. The prototype I built with your Pickup Switch Upgrade product using the P-90's is awesome. Brian Torrens (Canada)
- [Repeat Customer] I use your wonderful system on my workhorse guitar everyday - and I'm still finding new sounds! I love it so much that I have already planned to buy at least 6 more. I'm intrigued with your latest design. Shawn David Anderson (OH)
- This Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product is well thought out. I have used it for several weeks and enjoy it's flexibility very much. The out of phase selections may need a little bit of tone control to be useful. A very worthwhile upgrade for sure! arkerley94
- 35 pickup tones is amazing! To even have 10 or 15 tones in a single instrument is a godsend and my Strat, thanks to you, now has 35! Dan Coplan (CA)
- [Repeat Customer] If I could only purchase one peripheral device or make one modification to my guitar or amp, this, hands down, would be where I would put my money. The Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products are nothing short of amazing. You can get them for a variety of guitars and basses. I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't be thrilled with the capability it puts into one guitar. For the gigging player, drop in a Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product into one of your gigging axes and drag one or two less guitars to a gig. Chris A. (OH)
- [Repeat Customer] In a previous email I indicated that I was pleasantly surprised by the improved sounds that your Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products produced on my Fender American Standard single coils. I decided to take this a step further, and replaced the Fender's with some run-of-the-mill Chinese built ceramic single coils that I took out of an Agile Strat. WOW!! What a huge improvement. These things sound like a million bucks! I'll play around with them for a week or so just to be sure, but I'm really impressed at this point. I'm really enjoying this set up! Very clever. David Holdway (Canada)
- [Repeat Customer] First there was the "Phat-Strat", then the "Super-Strat". Now with your product we have the "HYPER-STRAT" - a tone monster that elevates the conventional guitar status to another level entirely! From deep, warm slightly overdriven jazz tones, all the way through the tone spectrum to steely, glass-shattering treble of the kind never heard from a conventional guitar before. It is now possible to closely emulate a great number of well-known famous guitar sounds from the one instrument, thus largely eliminating the need to change guitars for a particular sound or style.
The joy of constantly discovering amazing new tones from my decidedly low-end machine has revived my enthusiasm for playing and learning new material. The result is truly amazing, my guitar is producing sounds I have never heard from any other instrument. This switching system is a must-have for the casual or serious guitarist, opening the door to a new world of sound. The tones produced by all parallel coil-switching are deep, warm and very rich, with some combinations just providing ever-so-subtle variations to the basic hum-bucker sound, and others expanding the gamut way beyond the capability of a standard set-up. Reversing the phase of one coil of a pair results in a very thin low-level output, most probably only suitable for a nice bitey backing rhythm.
Addition of another coil or two in parallel from the other pick-up with those produces a wonderful, rich twangy sound I have not heard before from any guitar. Slotting in a series-switched pair from one 'bucker along with any setting on the other results in a twangy Strat-like effect, but with added richness. And it goes on from there... Forever, it seems... Coupled with superb sustain and absolutely no noise, your Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product has transformed something 'ho-hum' into a unique and remarkable instrument. The end result of this upgrade is an instrument to blow all the others away! This switching system is a must-have for the casual or serious guitarist, opening the door to a new world of sound. Graham Mann (Australia)
- [Repeat Customer] Installing the Stratocaster upgrade product containing your T3-Switch and restringing the guitar took me a little more than 20 minutes. I sat there for the next 30 minutes flipping through the six unfamiliar switches on my now "Hyper-Modded" 1994 Stratocaster. Wow, I now call it my "Supercaster" since the upgrade, because what it has done to this guitar is nothing short of amazing. I was hearing dozens of new naturally produced tones and resonance from the guitar that I had not heard prior to the mod. The tones ranged from tight and muted to ragged and jagged. This upgrade is dynamite. Plugged in with a processor and the potential of this product is stellar. Chris A. www.chrisaphotography.com (OH)
- [Repeat Customer] Thank you for standing so firmly behind your products. I think the switching system really works best when the pickups are dissimilar because it produces lots of pleasant and wide-ranging pickup tone surprises. I applaud your work and love your products. I'll be installing more of them. John Guth (NY)
- [Repeat Customer] Based on your website's claims about the performance of your Pickup Switch Upgrade products, I bought both your T2-Switch and T3-Switch products. I was looking for a simple way to get more sounds from my instruments. I am most impressed with the range of sounds now being produced by my upgraded instrument that contains your T3-Switch, and find that going back to the standard 5-way switching system would be frustrating and limiting. After installing your T2-Switch in my other instrument, going back to a 3-position switch is so limiting it seems primitive in comparison. Guitar manufacturers should use your products on all their instruments. The first one that does is going to get a huge edge in the market. Ronnie Bolger (Nashville, TN)
- Noteworthy quote: "The more command you have over your instrument inside and out the more confident you'll be as a player. And confidence is an artistic advantage." Billy Sheehan, Premier Guitar, March 2011
- When is Fender going to offer these amazing upgrades on their guitars???
- This is like an artist finding seventy one more colors of paint to work with.
- Your switch products are the Swiss army knife of pickup tones.
- Steve Jobs would have your products in all his electic guitar and bass instruments if he were a player.
- Interesting items. Guitar (and bass) players should take a closer look!!!
- Product delivered exactly as described, well packed and shipped promptly. Highly recommended.
- Well thought out, Easily worth the price.
- Your company name describes how your products perform.
- Since the upgrade I play that Strat more than I ever have. Thanks for making such a functional product.
- Your product helped me find that "perfect" pickup tone that has eluded me for 20 years. Many thanks.
- Excellent products. A must for all guitar builders.
- Seller's item does exactly what it claims, fast International shipping. Recommended AAA+
- This was designed very well. There is nothing else like it. Thank you
- Wow! This gives me pickup tones that I've NEVER heard before. What an amazing upgrade!
- Your products are Amazing. You're sitting on a goldmine!
- This is dynamite! Music is now wide open with your products.
- Makes my cheap guitar sound stellar.
- Why sound like somebody else when you can get this many pickup tones?
- There's no way I could ever get these amazing pickup tones without your products.
- Holy Crap! What a HUGE improvement.
- I installed one switch in a PRS; another switch went in a vibracell; WOW!!!
- Great tone, Easy to install this upgrade into my Jazz Bass
- Nice nice nice. These pickup switch upgrades are one hell of a deal. Thanks again!!
- Great product, really helped me get my guitar screamin'
- This is a great advantage for all guitar players. Get it while you can.
- Cool deal, shipped quick, You got to try it, you won't believe it! Thanks!
- I find the three stock pickup tones on my instrument are very limiting after installing the upgrade.
Comments About My Prototype 3-Pickup Guitar
Tone Spectrum: Offers a blend of sounds ranging from the Jazz/or rhythm more mellow tone to the Country/or rock more twangy tone and many interesting variations in between. Any electric guitar with 3-pickups can give you the maximum amount of pickup tones with this simple enhancement.
Ease Of Use: Very easy, can be quickly changed from one setting to another. I spent a good hour just trying all the different combinations. Jerry Brooks guitarist.
Tone Spectrum: The spectrum is Huge! From very thick and loud and luscious to twangy and even tin-canny.
Ease Of Use: It was easy to use and uncomplicated. Jeff Swift Oz's Music.
Tone Spectrum: "Big time" wide.
Ease Of Use: Takes a minute to understand. Mike D. Owner, Music-Go-Round.
The blue strat pictured on the photos page is a customer's modification. Here is what the customer had to say:
It appears the Inventor is the first person to be granted a Patent on all the different possible combinations to switch 3 pickup electric guitars as far wiring them in series, parallel, in phase, out of phase. A 3-pickup guitar can now have 35 switchable pickup tone possibilities.
The picture of the blue guitar is owned by me and I just finished installing the switching system this weekend. I easily installed it myself and I must say after playing it for two days now, it is incredible. There are 35 pickup tone possibilities between all the on/off combinations of parallel and series, as well as in phase and out of phase. Also, it was very easy to install myself without any additional routing of wood in my beloved guitar. Since there is no battery or electronics, it is simple and will not break. This tells me Fender could easily integrate this system into their existing lines with little additional cost and no modifications to body styles, routing, etc.
I know a major resistance point for Fender to adopt this system is that it already has the S1 switching system and I agree that it is excellent, but I do recall that I personally never purchased an S1 guitar because although it did have attractive tonal variety and added humbucking qualities, it did not let me switch the neck and bridge on at the same time with the middle pickup off so that I could make a Stratocaster sound like a Telecaster and also play around with the in/out Phase settings. Although the S1 looks to be more elegant from a user standpoint, the logic of the switching in this Patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product seems to be far superior and the tone possibilities are much greater. I found the Inventor's system to be very user friendly once I spent five minutes with it in actual use.
Timeless Les Paul Quotes
Here are some of Les Paul's personal quotes and our response as a faux dialog:
Les Paul: "You can spend a lifetime on each individual sound that you wish to create, and there are so many variables that you'll be chasing a sound that you'll probably never find. I'm 90 years old, and I've never found it yet. What I did do is find the best sound for a particular moment." December 2005
AweSome: Les, that's a great observation. Our High Performance T4 Pickup Switch UpgradeTM product gives your 4-pickup coil guitar a huge range of 76 pickup tones. These are subtle and slightly different pickup tones ranging from muddy blues to jazz to ring-in-the-bell surf sounds to heavy metal to country twang and even tin-canny sounds. If you want to find that elusive "best" sound, these awesome Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products are for you.
Les Paul: "A guitarist needs to take into account that he's playing with other instruments. Does your tone blend with the piano, does it blend with the drums? Does it marry into the family you've created, or does it stick out all by itself?" April 1997
AweSome: How right you are Les. When your electric guitar is equipped with our family of High Performance patented Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products, you can control what you sound like. You can select one of up to 76 pure analog tones that let you "precisely" blend in with the group, or use the pickup tone that lets really lets you "stand out" and be noticed as unique.
Les Paul: "All you need is one note, but the trick is finding the right note a note that sparkles like the Hope Diamond, and with all this air around it." December 2005
AweSome: Les, your wisdom and experience is amazing. With a "standard" 3-pickup guitar, you only have 5 pickup tones available to you. However, when your guitar has our High Performance Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products, you have access to all 35 pickup tones that have been silently hiding in your guitar. From which would you rather choose from to find the right sounding note or Signature Sound that you want: 5 pickup tones -or- an incredible 35 pickup tones?
Les Paul: "Anyone can be successful It's just being there at the right time with the right thing." unknown
AweSome: Amen to that, brother Les. It's easy to be successful because now you can get the right thing: our growing family of High Performance Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. It's an easy and cost effective way to upgrade your instrument and vastly improve its performance. It doesn't use batteries or sensitive electronics so you keep your analog pickup tones pure. By being armed with this "Ultimate Secret Weapon", all you now need is the right time to have your musical genius (and your distinctive Signature Sound) to be "discovered" and appreciated.
Warning: This website is rated
| Exceptional Guitar and Bass Player's Choice bringing You High Performance Pickup Switch UpgradeTM products. |
| Now You can get dozens and dozens of Incredibly PURE Analog Pickup Tones that You have never heard before. |
| Proudly handcrafted in the U.S.A. Our products are designed to help You find your Unique and Distinctive Signature Sound. |